Sunday, November 6, 2011

Siblings











One of the great things this year has been the opportunity to do the "Aunt and Uncle" sections on each one of the siblings' birthdays and to get to know them in some different ways. I think by having a list of questions to ask, I was able to find out some things that I didn't know about everyone as adults. I didn't know that many of my brothers cook, that they follow interesting blogs and also write on them, that we share food and color preferences even long after we were all living in the same house.



It was also good because I made an extra effort to recognize everyone on their birthday----always a goal each year but I think this is the first year that I actually talked to each person on or near their birthday.










Family Picture at the last family reunion
Waiting for "Texas" to start.






Robin didn't feel well and missed the picture taking at "Texas"



The best thing happened during each of the conversations I had with Todd, Mike, Robin, Valerie, Lynette, Rick, and Scott.................I felt an overwhelming feeling of love and gratitude for each one of you. I wished that we were all neighbors and that I could be there to bring dinner and play games or to help with your Church assignments. I would like to have long conversations with you and your spouse about your interests, passions, and life in general. I would like to eat meals with you at your favorite restaurants or share your recipes of your favorite home meals. I was often in tears as we finished our conversations with a home sickness to be with you. I think our giberiginal blog is one step in that direction and I love reading the blogs of our family members who have them. Our upcoming family reunion will be even more valuable to me as I look forward to spent time with you (so I hope some of you will be in Mesa for more than the weekend because we hope to have fun at the pre and post reunion activities as well.)

1 comment:

Valerie Ipson said...

Why doesn't eveyone move to Mesa and we can live on the same block.

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...