Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meet Aunt Lynette!

This month, Lynette is celebrating her birthday. She is number six of the eight. Her full name is Lynette Rae. I remember discussing her name before she was born (this was back before people knew the sex of their child so names had to be prepared for both a boy or a girl) Mom wanted to use Lynn in some fashion and she suggested Lynette Rae or Jamie Lynn. At the time, I had never heard of Jamie for a girls name so I led the campaign for Lynette. As she grew, she let us know that she liked Jamie Lynn better. However, I think Lynette works as well. At her birth, she became part of "the three little girls". I think we called them that until they were adults. To Todd, Mike and I, they are "the three little girls".



Lynette has been a nanny and worked in Day care and also at Wal-Mart. She is currently babysitting. She lists her hobbies and interests as: babysitting (big surprise--little kids like her); reading (She is currently reading the seventh book in the Harry Potter series); She said that she likes series of books—some examples are Children of the Promise and Nancy Drew sets; She likes collecting coins. (She had a set of mint condition uncirculated nickels of the recently changed nickels); She is hoping to start a collection of the Presidential gold dollars—in mint conditions; She has a collection of pictures from the Postal Commemorative society; Her biggest collection is Winnie the Pooh collectibles; Recently she has started doing photo albums and framing some of her favorites for display (hint to all Gibersons--she would like updated pictures of families and especially the younger generation.)

Favorites:

color--navy blue

food-home Rogo

eating out Bennigan’s An Irish place that served her favorite nachos They had a dessert called Death by Chocolate

Movie- anything Winnie the Poo, "Winnie Pooh and Tigger, too"

TV show--CSI

Sport. Kickball (to play),professional football (to watch on TV), basketball (to watch in person)

Professional/college sport teams Dallas Cowboys BYU

Snack food--Ruffles potato chips

Vacation spot either the Oregon coast or Chesapeake Bay area (Atlantic coast). She would like to go Sacramento and Knotts Berry Farm CA or Australia/

Game--Boom-o (card game), Scattergories (There are really so many, she said.)

Pets--She is loved by her niece pet—Olevia (Robin’s dog) She is thinking about getting a cat.








The three "little girls" all grown up



Something she is planning to do this year (before her next birthday)--" lose weight ". She said as part of that and to help her headaches, she has stopped drinking coke.



Her current Church calling .visiting teaching supervisor









A Giberson memory--Lynette remember our yearly trips to Grandma Owen's house in Portland, Oregon and also to Aunt Lois's house. She remembers that Grandma kept a canister of candy bars in her refrigerator and always let us have one (I actually don't remember that at all.) She remembers playing with the cap guns and that they were always safe and didn't hurt each other. At one house that Grandma lived, there were some girls that ran a candy stand nearby and Grandma would give them money to go buy candy. (again I don't remember

that either, perhaps I missed out on the candy connection.)









In Richland, WA--I think I took this picture.

Can you name the aunts and uncles in this picture? Lynette is the youngest of the 3 girls. Boys were even silly in pictures back then.









 This picture was taken last April when we had a sisters reunion in Utah. We spent a morning with Dad and Karla at their home in Midvale, UT. This was right after Dad was in the hospital and he still had to have oxygen all of the time.

Happy Birthday, Lynette. We are glad to share more about you with our family.

6 comments:

Valerie Ipson said...

Happy Birthday, Lynette!

Great report, Judy!

Grandpa said...

Gosh, I learned a few things! (Also I don't remember the candy bars in grandma's house.)

Todd said...

I certainly remember that Grandma had a container with candy in it. I'm not sure that was every time we went there or not.

Valerie Ipson said...

I should mention that I definitely remember the cannister and that it had gum in it too which was facinating to me. Maybe mom and dad never bought gum.

The Neerings Family said...

Loved reading all of these things! It's funny the things kids remember!

Judy said...

I don't remember the canister, candy or gum. However, I can remember that the Gibsons (at least the older girls) chewed gum and I thought that was so strange. I pretty sure that mom and dad did not when we were little or I would not have thought it is odd.

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...