Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mom!

 
 
 
OCTOBER
 
Here it is October. The leaves know. They rustle
with an extra vigor, trying to make the most of the
time they have left.
 
Every sound is different, somehow; wisps of all
Octobers past are in the air, bringing back not
memories really, just feelings.
 
When October comes, I want to savor it.
But it is one of those busy months. I try to look
ahead for a day I will be free to just enjoy. By
the time it comes October will be gone and the last
warm days will have faded into November.
 
It makes me sad.
October, I love you. Don't go yet. 
 
~Eileen Giberson, 1976


No comments:

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...