Blog readers--you know who you are-- will notice the hashtag #52 stories on blog posts over the next year. As the Giberson siblings, we have started a project to write a story a week to share with our dad, with each other, and here with the grandchildren and great grand children of our parents. The idea is that if you wrote one story a week about your life, in a year you would have collected 52 memories and made a very good start on your own personal history. We come from a line of people who have written journals or left other artifacts from their lives. Those are the things that we use to learn about them and in turn, we can learn a bit more about ourselves. We are trying to do the same for those who follow after us.
On Friday and then again on Sunday of each week, I (Judy) am sending three topics as ideas. The siblings then can choose to write a memory about one or more of those ideas OR come up with their own memory that they want to write about. They can then send it to dad and then to me to put on the blog to share with all of you.
I will post them together with #52 stories in the title. I am also going to include the memory prompts just in case you would like doing the same thing. You can add your memory in comments--or send them to me and I will add them into the blog as well. Whatever you do, save them for yourself so that your children and nieces and nephews can learn about your life as well.
We realize that it is unlikely that we will be 100% at these, but we know that each thing we do record will be fun to share and might make a difference now or a long time in the future.
So enjoy-- Our #52 Stories Project!
1 comment:
LOVE THIS IDEA! I was looking into getting something like this for my parents for Christams, I think it was called Storyline or something? But it would send you an email with prompts and you do one a week and then the company makes it into a book for you. I really should do that gift!
Post a Comment