Sunday, April 10, 2011

LONG--FIT

There was also a Long street in Richland. We used to say our's was called Longfitt because they couldn't find the rest of Long. One memory from that location is we would sometimes walk down to the community swimming pool. After we moved over to Agnes it was too far.

Notice the pictures? Two different times? That little "wall" had holes in its top for a while. Someone dropped the keys down there once!

Yes, there was a little "pass through" for garbage in the back.

You might say Valerie pushed us out of that house. LOL. We were fortunate that private developers were finally able to build, and we found a good place out on Agnes.

4 comments:

Judy said...

(Judy)I remember the those holes on the top. I am sure a number of things were drpped down them over the years. They were just too convenient for kids to hide things. I guess you couldn't get the keys out once they were in.

You might not have walked to the pool after the move to Agnes but us kids did. The best deal was walking there and swimming until someone's dad got home from work with a car and could pick us up. It was over a mile walk and we did it on many summer afternoons but to walk in both directions and swim for hours was very tiring. This was back in the "old days" when most people we knew just had one car.

Glad to know there was an actually hole in the back. DIdn't remember it was for garbage, Pretty sure we climbed in and out of it at some points.

Todd said...

George Pratt Memorial Pool, but we all just called it the "Big Pool". You just don't see many pools around nowadays that have a 10' high dive.

Judy said...

Judy)And in my memory that pool was huge. When we took swimming lessons, we all took them at the same time along different edges of the pool. I always wanted to make sure I passed and moved up and around the pool.

When we went back years later, the pool seemed smaller than my memory although it still is a fairly nice size pool.

Grandpa said...

I thought it was a large pool also. When the keys went down we did take the whole thing off the side of the porch. I'm sure there was a doll down there and I don't know what else.

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...