She currently lives with her husband of 30 years, three of their eight children and two turtles in Mesa. They are actually in the process of moving...not far however just to a home with an acre lot for Lance to garden (not sure if he has noticed all the rocks in Mesa....I think they put rocks instead of a yard for some reason, but that is for another blog.)
Valerie with Megan during visit last spring to Utah
This is Valerie showing off her walking skills in the side yard of our house on Longfitt. As you might not know, our small house had a huge yard mostly on the side which was a corner lot. There is the swing set and I remember a cement pad with a basketball hoop although I am not sure if that was on our property or not. I can remember Dad shooting basketballs there once. But this is about Valerie and I doubt she remembers anything about this house as she was less than two when we moved to our Agnes house.
This must be about Kindergarten.
Other than that her best friend was Molly, I don't know much about Valerie in the younger years. However nowadays, she likes:
Color: Yellow
Food: Mexican
Movie: no one favorite, but enjoyed Tangled recently
TV Show: The Amazing Race Sport: Volleyball (to play)
Professional Sport Teams: Jazz, Diamondbacks
College Teams: BYU
Snack Food: chocolate
Vacation Spot: I want to go to England, Italy, New York, the Oregon Coast and Israel again
Game- Rage, and too many others
Pets: No, thank you (we do have two tortoises) Something she is planning to do this year (before her next birthday): Continue loving life and maybe find an agent for my book.
Current Church Calling: Young Women's President
Job: What's this? (Sometimes I write for the Beehive Newspaper and sell vinyl lettering)
Interests and Hobbies: Reading, Writing, Family History, Blogging
Favorite Authors: I enjoy Shannon Hale (Goose Girl!) and too many others. She is currently reading "Characters and Viewpoint" by Orson Scott Card (No, it is not a new fantasy book but a non-fiction one, I asked.)
I also know that she loves to have visits from her siblings and to come to visit them (at least that is what she tells me!)
One of her favorite Giberson memories is the Family Nite Phantom. The Family Nite Phantom made treats and delivered them to different families' home on Monday night. This started in Amarillo, Texas, when I was at BYU. It became quite a event in the Amarillo Ward with people trying to guess and others making deliveries on Monday night as well. There was even the thank you note which was left on the bulletin board at Church. Dad had keys to the Church so he got it and brought it home to share and then put it back. Valerie wrote a story that was published in the Friend based on some of the events.
Technical problems with the family picture....coming soon.
Happy 50th birthday, Valerie!!!
Valerie playing Pin the Tail on the Giraffe at her 50th Birthday Party.



3 comments:
(Judy)Thanks for adding the pictures. It sets a new standard for the birthday posts. We will need birthday pictures from all celebrations....
Valerie, add that family picture as well. I want to have a family picture from each family so when we print this years addition those would be included.
It's on my other computer, (the one where internet doesn't work) so I'll have to get it over to the laptop.
I hadn't remembered Mom had made that comment about Valeries birth. As my "Three Mothers" autobiography said, "she was my easiest birth."
I remembered Yellow was her favorite color!
Post a Comment