Sunday, February 27, 2011

Report on funeral for Lea's father

Since one of the goals of this blog is to be a history of "life as it happens," I wanted to include a copy of the update email that Uncle Scott sent about the funeral for Aunt Lea's father:

"If you haven’t spoken to Lea or Todd since the funeral, a quick update. It seems as though the service went well and was a special experience for the family. I’m not sure if any of you attended, but we were not able to make it. One special part was a quartet by the 4 sons-in-law (including Todd of course). They sang “I need Thee Every Hour” in 4-part harmony. Apparently, 2 of the men are not known to be singers, so there was some apprehension (probably most among their wives) about how that would go. Todd and Lea both described it as impressive and a very touching moment. Some skilled musicians in the audience were apparently “blown away” by the performance and of course the family was moved. Todd sang the high tenor part which surprised me to hear. Lea’s family seems to be coping best they can. Lea’s mom wants to move back to Austin as soon as she can, but they’ll need to sell the property first. "

We hope they are doing well and know it will be an adjustment for their whole family. Our thoughts and prayers are with them at this time.

No comments:

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...