Wednesday, February 9, 2011

First Post and Introduction to "giberiginal"

Because of our ever expanding families, we hope to make a place where we can stay connected and use the technology of today to share updates and also create a spot of family history as it unfolds. Valerie and I have lots of ideas about what to do and big plans for this space. We will see how it works. To start with we have a couple of basic items in mind

1. We want to create a list of links which would include all blogs which family members have.
2. A monthly news report of items picked up by Face book, phone calls, emails or personal contacts.
3. A message from Dad on a regular basis.

At the moment, Dad, Valerie and I will be the authors but would be happy to add others who want to blog directly on this site. I have invite Karla and Lisa to be authors as well.

In the future we hope to add a family history section/family reunion blogs and others as we think of. At this point, this blog is an open blog which means anyone can see it. As such don't put private information like phones numbers, birthdays, and social security numbers. As we progress, we can establish a private blog as an add-on if we feel it would be useful.

As yo see, we have a Current Reading list and also a Giberson Game Report. Just send me your contributions to those by email and I will add them to the list. Everyone is welcome to contribute from Grandpa Giberson down to Owen.

One feature we will have this year is a focus on the aunts and uncles. It will occur during their birthday months. This month will be Rick so watch for that.

This is just a beginning. All ideas are welcome.

I chose this particular background because Valerie suggested something Texas-like (stars, red, white and blue) and I thought this looked somewhat old-Texas-town looking along with the yellow flower for Mom. In addition, the work "blessed" appears in the right side and I thought that was a good word for us. We have been blessed to be a part of Gibersons. We can change it if someone finds something better.

Have an awesome week, all you Gibersons out there.

No comments:

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...