Saturday, March 19, 2011

Birthday month for Uncle Lance

On March 12th Uncle Lance turned another year older and wiser, too!

[Hopefully photos will be forthcoming]

Lance was born in Salt Lake City and grew up in Murray and South Jordan, Utah. He's the 2nd of 5 children. He served a mission to Spain and has lived in Israel, plus has visited a bunch of countries on business, like Germany, Chile, Brazil, and the Congo.

In 1982 he married into the Giberson family. (Did I mention he's really smart?) He and Aunt Valerie were married in the Jordan River temple on a windy winter day in February. Not only is Uncle Lance smart, but he's an amazing husband. (I have that on good authority!)

He attended BYU and ultimately graduated from Utah State University with a degree in accounting.

Here are his favorites:

Color: Purple
Food: Chinese, Seafood
Movie: Groundhog day, Inception, The Ultimate Gift
TV Show: Sports, Movies
Sport: Basketball, Tennis
Professional Sport Teams: Jazz, Diamondbacks
College Teams: BYU, Utah State
Snack Food: Bananas
Vacation Spot: High Uintah, Grand Tetons
Game- Settlers of Zarahemla, Civilization, Chess
Pets: I used to have a dog -- outside dog
Something he is planning to do this year (before his next birthday): Buy a Ranch, reduce debt
Current Church Calling: Ward Mission Leader
Job: Manager, Global Business Continuity, Freeport McMoRan Copper and Gold, Inc.
Interests and Hobbies: Yardwork, fixing cars, reading, collecting chess sets from around the world.
Favorite Authors: Valerie Ipson, Grisham, Michener, Louis LaAmour

3 comments:

The Neerings Family said...

Favorite snack food: Banana.
Really? I love bananas, but come on! Maybe my problem is that bananas SHOULD be my favorite snack food! ha!

Love these! Never would have guessed Uncle Lance & I both liked purple!

Valerie Ipson said...

We've been participating in a wellness challenge where his snack choices are very limited, so, yeah, bananas are probably the best one. His love for purple I'm thinking comes from his love of the Utah Jazz who started out purple.

Lance said...

OK, maybe M&Ms are my favorite snack. But, since I don't allow myself to eat them more than one day a week, I didn't list them. I eat a bannana about every day.

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...