Note: There was no "Little" on the front of that Title. Red Riding Hood (RRH for short) is a movie currently coming (or playing?). No, I haven't seen it -- trailer looked a little scary and I'm not into scary movies as my kids well know. Why do I bring this up. Well (L)RRH, reminded me of other childhood stories, and movies. In '38 or there abouts, Snow White and the 7 ... came out and by the time we had moved into WWII we had other goodies like Pinochio, Cinderella, Fantasia, Bambi, etc. Fortunately Disney started re-releasing those shows every 10 years or so, and I'm thinking some of my kids got to see them (they can confirm or deny that). There is of course other media now to provide them and I'm hoping grandkids and (great?) will likewise have the joy. So much not joyful in the world we need all the good we can find.
But I've drifted a little from RRH. The closer parallel is for tales like 3 Little Pigs, Goldilocks, etc.
Raise your hand (or better leave a comment) if you know that I wrote a "modern" fairy tale, based on The Three Bears. Entitled, cleverly enough, The Three Bears.
There is method in my madness, but leave it for now. To be continued . . .
4 comments:
*RAISING MY HAND*
This is Judy (since I can't figure out how to change it from Gibersons which shows up when I leave a comment). I remember all of those Disney movies, but I don't think I remember your modern version of the Three Bears. I will be waiting for more information.
I do remember this...I thought I had a copy on my computer, but can't find it. Hmmm...
Post a Comment