Now I can't remember anything about Robin's birth as I was still young at the time. I have a couple of brief memories of her as a baby so I think I can say she has been my sister for as long as I can remember.....Robin's complete name is Robin Eileen (after Grandma, of course.) Now as mentioned, my name was Dad's choice from the beginning and while Mom said she grew to love it as I grew, it wasn't on her top ten list...On the other hand, Mom loved the name of Robin (It occurs to me that mom also loved Batman and Robin....I wonder if that was a connection??) I always thought it fit her, even though she didn't like Uncle Bob and Uncle Grant teasing her by singing "Red robin goes bob-bob bobbling a long." when she was little.
Here are the four of us in the living room at our Longfit house. Not sure of the occasion.
I have a darling toddler picture of Robin but it was too big to scan on my scanner. With her dark hair and eyes, she would get attention whereever we went when she was little.
Robin was born in Richland and then moved with our family to Amarillo when she was almost 12. She has lived there most of her life, except for when she served a mission to San Bernardino, California, and in Mansfield/Arlington, Texas, for a couple of years. Both of those experiences she really enjoyed.
She was part of the famous "three little girls" of our family which of course included Valerie and Lynette. I always thought they were all much younger than me since I had two brothers before she arrived even though we were just over 4 years apart. My memories were of the three of them playing together and being friends. Robin and I did share a room off and on as we grew up. I don't remember that ever being much of a problem although I didn't ask her what she remembers about it.
Hobbies and interests
Crochet —granny square, cook, read good books especially mysteries---Agatha Christie, sudoku and word search puzzles, sewing and needle work. She is currently reading "Teachings of James E. Faust".
Favorites:
Color: green
food-home: lasagna and soggy lemon cake
eating out: fast food—Burger King/Taco Bell or Taco Ville, Olive Garden
movie: Sound of Music and Walt Disney movies
TV show: CSI shows, Bones
sport. professional/college sport teams: football—Dallas Cowboy and BYU teams
snack food: dark chocolate and almonds
vacation spot: Levy Landing, beach, Canada, Carlsbad Cavern
Game: Monopoly
Something you are planning to do this year (before your next birthday): To have read five books and to lose 60 lbs.
Current Church calling: Visiting teaching. She commented that she has always enjoyed her callings within the Church, including teaching Primary and serving as a Primary secretary.
A Giberson memory: Being able to go to Oregon and to visit all of our cousins. She liked it when she got to stay at Gibsons by herself without mom and dad (and I think she meant without the rest of her siblings as well.
Robin is always willing to help her friends and others that she associates with. She keeps connected with the many friends of our family in Amarillo and lets us know as things happen in their lives as well. She loves all of her nieces and nephews and would often bring candy and treats for them to family reunion or when we visited with her.
We are glad to have you in our family. Happy Birthday, Robin........


2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Robin!
Did you tell Robin go to the library and bring up this blog post on the computer?
Post a Comment