Monday, August 15, 2011

HIDE & SEEK

This ancient childrens game has taken on a new meaning at my age. The "hiders" in this case are those elusive ancestors that can be very hard to find. The "seekers" of course are people like myself who are trying to find them, for their own benefit I might add. Remembering my Harry - Chester - (don't laugh) - Clinton Ollie search, I am thinking that Clinton's parents are even more lost than he, and then there is Kate (no last name) talk about difficult! In the later case I do have the approximate year of her birth and New Jersey as the state. Would you believe I spent some time with a NJ census closest after her birth year for the name "Kate"? How many can there be? Perhaps more than you think. I need to look at that again, but I've digressed.
Considering how I came to know about the Church, and further the circumstances surrounding my birth and adoption (re: Three Mothers) I've always felt an obligation to both the Giberson/Ackley and Ollie/Morgan ancestral lines. To be continued . . .

No comments:

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...