Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thirty years is a long time . . .







If Karla and I had chosen this month to make our trip to Oregon it would have been a full 30 years. Last May was close enough. It was August of 1981 when your mother and I, along with Lynette, Rick and Scott set out to visit Lois in Hillsboro, Oregon.


I've been wanting to post at least one more message relative (double meaning there) to our trip so that I could include a few of the pictures. First I had to wait for Michele to send me some pictures, they arrived in two different batches in June, and then I had to wait for Lois to give me some names to the faces (30 years IS a long time . . .). Actually Michele sent me two more batches in July, but I haven't asked Lois to ID those yet. Have plenty enough for now.


As you can tell, I still don't know how to PUT images WHERE I want them on the page. So you may have to look back and forth from my ID's to the pictures wherever they end up.


Obviously, the middle one is Grant and Lois again with Michele (Rushing), youngest daughter and source of these pictures. The picture to the right is Ethan, Tiffany and Kimberly Bell. (Ethan is Margaret's son). The one on the left is of Renee (Baker) and Margaret (Bell) with Lewis Gray(???).


Well I'm tired of these pictures just popping up at the top so I guess I will quit trying this.


Did I say in my earlier post on the trip that there were 43 of us there at the Gibson's on that Saturday. Same house they lived in the 30 years ago!


(If anyone would like the pictures just email me and I could forward the first two sets with Lois' ID's via email.)




No comments:

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...