Friday, August 19, 2011

Giberson / Ollie -- Are we related?

The obvious answer is "of course!" We all know we are related to Adam, and down a few generations to Noah, and even further Abraham, Issac, Jacob and through Joseph to Ephraim. But I may have found a closer connection. Going back through the Ackley side of the Giberson/Ackley connection you will find, born in 1725 a William Hicks, Sr. Now this William was born in NY, but died in NC, in 1799. You may recall that Harry Ollie's mother was a Hicks, and going back in her line you find a William Hicks born in NC! I am not saying they are the same William, in fact I would say most definetly not, however the Ollie -- William could be a son or perhaps grandson (making him a Jr. or a III) to the Ackley -- William. I hope next week I can find more information that may tie them together!

No comments:

#52 Stories- Week Four

 Prompts: 1.  Tell a story about a toy you remember from your childhood. Judy:  The toy I first thought of was the toy doll I didn't get...