So fishing as it were for something to "find" having been temporarily thwarted with Giberson and Ollie I decided to look at how far back Ackley was. Well Scoby Ackley is the man, born in 1798 in NJ. No luck there, but his son, Richard (love that name) was married to Emily Hamon. Also an "end point" in my pedigree -- till now. I do believe I have found her parents: James Hammon and Nancy. James b. 1822 in Kentucky and Nancy b. 1826 in Ohio. Further info revealed a Marriage Certificate on 10 Aug 1845 in Hamilton Ohio, between a James Hammon and a Nancy Lynn.
We pray always for our children as I'm sure you do, and extended to our grandchildren, some of you are joining me in that area and now I have some greats to pray over. Descendants rightly take the largest focus of our consideration as well they should. But now and then let's turn our thoughts to our ancestors, perhaps especially with a little silent prayer on Fridays from 11:30 - 2:30 p.m. Utah time knowing that I'm down at the Family History Center playing Hide and Seek.
No comments:
Post a Comment